About Me

My photo
Just a person who has so much to give to someone and who has given so much already. Now has found her old love from her past and is figuring out why they ever broke up and what works now to keep this love alive. I like putting down thoughts about love and life and sometimes writing down what I am thinking in regards to my life at the time. Poems, quotes, and songs are interesting to me from the interpretation of others on this topic of life and love. I also write poems at times just to sooth my own mind. I have been through several relationships and I was married for 15 years. I am a single mother now of 2 children. My son is 24 and my daughter is14. I love my children and I only hope that what I teach them helps them grow up to be decent to others. We learn sometimes by our experiences, good and bad and believe me I have had my share of both. I hope I will be able to use these experiences in ways of teaching my children how to live and lead a happy life of their own.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

My son

My son who has lived with me since he was born is now living with his father. I am having a difficult time with this because he is the love of my life. He was my first born and after the divorce he lived with me and we have never been apart until my recent break up with the one who I thought was it for me. My son did not care too much for him and I think our relationship was damaged because I did not see what he saw and I did not hear him or consider his feelings until it was too late. My son said I only thought of my boyfriend and not him anymore. I told him he was being silly and to never think that of me. I always put my children first and when I got involved with this new person, I actually did something for me for a change. I was happy in the beginning and even my son was OK with him at first, but things changed and my son did not like the changes he was seeing in me. I felt that no one was happy for me being happy. I felt that everyone was against my new relationship and that they did not know what they were talking about. That included my son too. If only I would have listened to him then maybe things would be different. I really don't know, but one thing I learned is always take your kids feelings into consideration when dating after divorce. We moved in together way too soon and my son had told me that he thought it was too soon. Once again I should have took his thoughts into consideration. He was 16 at the time. My daughter just thought about how fun it would be to have his kids move in so she was happy about it. I was in love, truly in love and I have not been in love for a very, very, long time so I had the blinders on. It's hard to learn by experience especially when it involves your children. The next time I will take my time and really get to know the person. One thing that is happening for my son's sake is that he is bonding again with his dad and I think maybe that might be good for him right now. The only thing that I fear is that he won't want to live with me again when I get back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment